Friday, July 17, 2009




Alright I promised some pics and here we are, my ( for the most part) finished Tau fire warriors. I would like to note that I unfortunitly got the camera late in the evening and so I had to use a desk lamp to even get a remotely good picture



My battle suit painted up, ive been slacking on putting this guy together, since i cant decide on a suitable pose.



And my Devil fish, you can see where I need to put the green stuff on the thrusters but still looks good so far.

Alright and now fo an advanced look on what I'm working on for the Jawaballs painting comp next month.



Ugh honestly the picture dosn't do it justice with all the color blending I did in the deeper areas of the robe. which to me says either I need a better camera (easyshare my Anus freakin auto focus makes me want to rip my hair out) or a natural light. The guy is going to be death company maybe ill name him and throw in a backstory for fun. I have a plan in mind for doing a free hand blood angles symbol on the left lower robe ( the second pic, god help me on this one its sounds cool but im not sure i have the skill to pull it off) and some "scrible" writing on the other side and the chest. Im trying to challenge myself on this, even if nothing becomes from it ill have some more experiance to work with. Worst case scenario I some day make a chaso army and use this guy as a Khorne lord or something. Any way im making this guy out of left over Dark angels vet sprue i picked up to practice painting robes ( might post thies some day as well as explain how I did it) the twoarms had hand swaps. the pointing hand came from the BR seargent the other one is from a SM bikers arm I had lying around from way back when and one of the DA hain swords.

Well I hope you enjoyed the pics. Next time im planning to show some of the equipment I use , how I use it and show how i utterly destroy brushes ( cheap five dollar for 12 ones but damn they look like they went through a meat grinder)

3 comments:

  1. Ah another quick not I know im getting a bit ahead of myself on jawaballs painting thing. hell dont even know the rules yet. That being said I just kinda got inspired by the idea behind it and figured I would use it as an opportunity to do something different and get practice on trying new techniques

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for more comps! It doesn't just challenge us to think in new ways, but it also is fun and if done in the right spirit everyone wins (that could be taken in the cheesy way, but don't coz being in it is a reward in itself. Most of us are social animals:)).

    Your Tau looks interesting as well, I just have like zero clue on Taus. Haven't got the codex. I am more and more thinking of getting extra codexes just because it's fun to read and know the other armies:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheesy but very true on all accounts.

    As for Tau they need a new codex almost as bad as Dark Eldar and Necrons. They require some skill and careful planning in order to use in the current 5ed old codex setting.A few bits they have possibly the best basic troop weaponry in the game( str5 ap5 range 30 rapid fire ) and some nasty tank killing capabilities ( str10 ap1 rail guns). they also have the dreaded markerlights with all sorts of uses( lower cover save, lower leadership, increase a units BS are the ones that stand out the most)That and they have some of the coolest looking models in my opinion

    heh yeah thats kinda why I bought codexs for some of the other armys as well ( nothing is better for reading while on the can, i KNOW im not the only person who does this)

    ReplyDelete